Blog 2

This week in class the topic of the extensive process of becoming a US citizen came up. This conversation really hit home for me. Every person in my family except for my generation had to go through that grueling process to be where they are today. The most recent member of my family to receive their citizenship was my grandmother. She legally moved to the US two years before I was born. For seventeen years she tried to obtain citizenship and finally in my sophomore year of high school she passed. I watched her study the same things I was in history class and even questions I didn't even know the answers to. It was strange to me that she needed to know these things as a (not-so-)newcomer, yet I am sure so many natural born citizens wouldn't even know the information on that test.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 15

Blog 11

Blog 14